GATE 2022 Registration : GATE 2022 All details here
As of last year’s GATE, 2021 exam is over and students can apply for the GATE 2022 session for various engineering and non-engineering branches exam papers.. The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science for admission into the Masters Degree Program and Recruitment by some PSU like BHEL, NTPC, BEL, ONGC, etc. GATE 2022 is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and six other Indian Institutes of Technology at Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Chennai, Roorkee & Indian Institute of Science. GATE 2022 Registration will start from 30 August 2021.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur IITK is Organising GATE 2022 exam this year.
GATE 2022 will not be conducted in any International centers due to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
GATE 2022: IMPORTANT DATES
|Application form Start Date||30 August 2021|
|Last Date of GATE 2022 form||24 September 2021|
|EXTENDED Closing date of online registration/ application||1 October 2021|
|Display of Defective Applications to rectify||26 October 2021|
|Last date for rectification of Applications||1 November 2021|
|Last Date for change of Category, Paper, Examination City||12 November 2021|
|Admit Card||3 January 2022|
|GATE 2022 Exam Date||5, 6, 12, and 13 February 2022|
|GATE 2022 Result Date||17 March 2022|
GATE 2022: Application Form Fee
|Female candidates (per paper)||750/- (During Extended Period 1250/-)|
|SC / ST / PwD (per paper)||750/- (During Extended Period 1250/-)|
|All other candidates (per paper)||1500/- (During Extended Period 2000/-)|
GATE 2022: IMPORTANT Links
|Online Registration||Click Here|
|Admit Card Download||Available on 3 Jan 2022|
|Result Declared||Release on 17 March 2022|
|GATE old question Paper Download||https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/old_question_papers.html|
GATE 2022: Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program.
- A candidate who has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2022 exam.
- Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 3 years) in Engineering / Technology / Science / Arts / Commerce.
Data Required in GATE 2022 Application form
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.).
- Address for Communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details.
- College name and address with PIN code.
- GATE paper(s) (subject).
- THREE Choices of GATE examination cities.
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of Certificate of Dyslexia (if applicable) in pdf format.
- Scanned copy of any one of the valid photo Identity Document: Aadhaar-UID (preferable), Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID and Driving License. The same ID, in original, MUST be carried to the examination hall.
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card/UPI details for fee payment.
GATE 2022 Question Paper Pattern
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT) Online Mode|
|Duration||3 Hours (180 Minutes)|
|Number of Subjects (Papers)||29|
|Type of Questions||(a) Multiple Choice Questions|
(b) Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT)
|Sections in GATE Paper||General Aptitude (GA) + Selected Stream|
|Number of Questions||10 (General Aptitude ) + 55 (Related subject) = 65 Questions|
|Distribution of Marks in all Papers EXCEPT papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL||General Aptitude: 15 Marks + Engineering Mathematics: 13 Marks + Subject Questions: 72 Marks = Total: 100 Marks|
|Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL||General Aptitude: 15 Marks + Subject Questions: 85 Marks = Total: 100 Marks|
|GATE 2022 Marking Scheme||Questions carry 1 mark and 2 marks|
|Negative Marking||For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.|
For 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.
NO negative marking for MSQ & NAT.
GATE 2022 : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.Is there any age limit to appear for GATE 2022?
Ans.NO. There is NO age limit to appear for GATE 2022.
Q.Are there any restrictions on the number of times one can appear for GATE?
Ans.NO. One can appear for the GATE examination any number of times.
Q.Can I appear in any of the GATE 2022 papers?
Ans.The candidate is free to choose any of the papers (up to two from the given combinations), candidate should select paper appropriate to the discipline of qualifying degree.
Q.How do I apply ONLINE?
Ans.Click on this link and apply https://gate.iitkgp.ac.in
Q.Does the OBC (non-creamy layer) or EWS candidate need to upload the category certificate?
Q.Do I have to send the print-out of the application form?
Ans.NO. The print-out of the application form is not required to be sent to the Organising Institute (IIT Kharagpur) or any other GATE zonal offices.
Q.Which Identity Document (ID) will be accepted in the application form?
Ans.Aadhaar-UID (preferable), Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID and Driving License.
Q.What is Last date of GATE 2022 Application ?
Ans.24 September 2021